The Windy City Open is extremely proud to continue with our 3rd annual women’s leadership award & round table. In the previous two years we have had two amazing key note speakers (Jackie Joyner-Kersee & Billie Jean King). With that success this year the Windy City Open committee decided to change the format slightly and present a round table discussion “Breaking Barriers and Reaching Parity” with the following panel of incredible individuals:
– Raneem El Welily, Egypt (World ranking #2, three time WCO Champion)
– Nicol David, Malaysia (World ranking #7, former World #1 for 9 consecutive years)
– Amanda Sobhy, USA (World ranking #30, Harvard grad and unbeaten collegiate record)
– Emma Charlton, England (Squash Director at Metrosquash, former world #11)
– Alex Gough, Wales (CEO of the Professional Squash Association, former world #5)
– Kareemah Bates (MetroSquash Development Coordinator and program alumnus)
The Windy City Open Women’s Leadership Award celebrates and promotes influential women squash players and athletes who are leaders in all facets of their professional and athletic lives. Honorees have shown leadership and dedication resulting in a significant impact in the sports and/or business community in the Midwest. Previous years honorees include Jackie Moss and Savi Pai. This year’s honor is for Thyra E. Zerhusen.